We facilitate and support the translational research initiatives and maximize innovation and valorisation of the obtained results within UZ Gent.
1. Research funding
We have expertise in research projects including:
- FWO (TBM, SBO, Infrastructure)
- VLAIO (O&O)
- UGent-BOF (IDC, GOA)
- UGent-IOF (valorisation projects)
- UZ Gent (Fonds voor Innovatie en Klinisch Onderzoek)
- EU (H2020, Horizon Europe, IMI, JPI, ESFRI, EIT-KIC, FP7, Health Program, Interreg, ERC, REC, CEPI)
- Others (Kom op tegen Kanker, Stichting tegen Kanker, Koning Boudewijn stichting)
We provide advice and support during the application procedure, on valorisation, utilisation and budget related parts, and on (financial) follow up after the granting of the project. In order to better facilitate our support and follow up, we request you to register each research project prior to submission.
Furthermore, we also operate as the Legal Entity Appointed Representative (LEAR) for the European Commission by managing each project in which UZ Gent is coordinator or partner.
Keep yourself up to date about project calls
- BOZI: subscribe to the BOZI (Berichten over Onderzoek en Internationalisering) newsletter, which collects all kinds of reports on research and international mobility – ranging from policy, project management to funding opportunities for the university community.
- HIRUZ: overview of open calls of the most common funding programs.
- UGent: overview of the different funding possibilities for research at Ghent University.
- ECR: a central platform by early career researchers (ECRs) for ECRs to find and discuss funding opportunities, share experiences, mentor peers, and create impact through community engagement.
2. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Identification patentable inventions
- Guidance through the IP prosecution path, in close collaboration with UGent-TechTransfer
- Follow-up of patent files
- Support on IOF project
3. Valorisation projects
- Advice on strategy
- Support on determining research paths
- Program Management
4. Industrial partners
- Providing collaborations to the research community
- Support start-up and follow-up
- Identify and facilitate spin off creations
- Contract support during negotiations (CDA, Research collaborations, …)
Innovation & Valorisation Unit Manager: Dr. Lieve Nuytinck