We facilitate and support the translational research initiatives and maximize innovation and valorisation of the obtained results within UZ Gent.
We provide advice and support on:
Advice and support on funding programs, during the application procedure and after the granting of the project. We have expertise in research projects including:
- FWO (TBM, SBO)
- BOF (IDC)
- Kom op tegen Kanker
- Koning Boudewijn stichting
- Fonds voor Innovatie en Klinisch Onderzoek (UZ Gent)
- Horizon Europe
Advice and support on valorisation and utilisation parts of funding applications.
Single point of contact (SPOC) for budget related advice for research funding applications.
Registration for the submission of each research project prior to submission is mandatory.
Legal Entity Appointed Representative (LEAR) for the European Commission managing each project in which UZ Gent is coordinator or partner.
Click here for an overview of the different funding possibilities for research at Ghent University.
Subscribe to the BOZI (Berichten over Onderzoek en Internationalisering) newsletter, which collects all kinds of reports on research and international mobility – ranging from policy, project management to funding opportunities – for the university community.
Click here for an overview of the most common funding programs.
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Education in Valorisation and IP focusing on patents and the economic potential
- Guidance through the IP prosecution path, in close collaboration with UGent-TechTransfer
- Valorisation of project results
- Looking for partnerships within non-academic/industrial partners (e.g. VLAIO)
- Liaison with the Industrial Research Funds (IOF) for funding valorisation projects
- Advice and support on industrial collaborations
- Contracts (CDA, Research collaborations, …)
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Biomechanical engineering
- Augmented and virtual reality
Innovation & Valorisation Unit Manager: Dr. Lieve Nuytinck
For support and advice on funding and valorisation, please contact Lieve.Nuytinck@UGent.be or Sanne.Dhondt@UZGent.be
For support and advice on Fonds voor Innovatie en Klinisch Onderzoek (FIKO), please contact Sanne.Dhondt@UZGent.be
For support and advice on Connect4Children, please contact C4C-NHBelgium@UZGent.be