The Health, innovation and research institute is a leading knowledge and expertise centre for translational biomedical research and innovation with a multidisciplinary management and a broad local, national and international network of Ghent University Hospital (UZ Gent) in collaboration with Ghent University (UGent).
Scientific: Development of a progressive and leading institute and knowledge center for translational biomedical / health research and innovation with an active cooperative network and a broad locoregional, national and international image.
Society: To help develop high-quality clinical research and innovative projects with a focus on patient-oriented, personalized medicine, socio-economic valorisation and sustainable health care.
Connecting: The goal is that Facge / UGent and UZ Gent, as entities and employees as individuals, benefit directly or indirectly from it.
Prof. dr. Catherine Van Der Straeten
Head of department
HIRUZ consists of seven units and provides the following services:
- The Contract Unit reviews your contract proposal according to our legal standards.
- The Clinical Trial Unit provides help with submission and registration, monitoring and project management of clinical trials.
- The Data Management Unit provides support and advice in Biomedical Research Data Management.
- The Innovation and Valorisation Unit provides advice on funding applications, valorisation and intellectual property.
- The Quality Unit of HIRUZ is developing a Quality Management System (QMS) which aims at further increasing the quality standards of clinical research conducted by U(Z) Gent.
- PAWO: Patient Advisory Board for Scientific Research. It consists of experience experts and motivated volunteers who give advice from their perspective and contribute to the development and improvement of clinical research.
Health, innovation and research institute
University Hospital Ghent
Entrance 81 / Route 812
C. Heymanslaan 10, 9000 Gent
+32 9 332 05 30